What is Git ?
In order to make it more easier to understand, we can break Git as :
* Content Tracker/Tracking Files
* Persistent Mapper : Maps keys to values
Four Areas of Git
- Working Area -> Its a place where we keep our current files on which we are about to work.
- Repository -> Contains entire history of Project
- Index Area -> Intermediate area, a place where we put our files before commit
- Stash -> Temporary storage area
Types of Command
Git has two types of Command
$ git help -a
Things with which user interacts and gets work done.
- git add
- git commit
- git push
- git pull
- git branch ...
Plumbing Commands (Low level Commands)
Things which git uses interanally to get things done.
- git cat-file
- git hash-objects
- git count-objects